5 Little Known Facts About Biodiesel
There are many types of fuel that you can use to heat your home. One such fuel that we carry here at Woolley Fuel is biodiesel. Biodiesel has a lot of benefits as an alternative to petroleum diesel fuel. For one, it’s a renewable fuel due to the fact that it is manufactured domestically from animal fats, vegetable oils or even recycled restaurant grease. If you’re thinking about switching to biodiesel, then you’ll probably be interested in knowing more about this alternative fuel. The following are five little known facts about biodiesel that may interest you:
- Biodiesel is easily biodegradable – The fuel contains practically no sulfur at all and is easily biodegradable. This means that if there is a leak in your tank or even a large spill, the biodiesel that leaks out won’t affect your soil or groundwater in a hazardous manner in the way that diesel fuel would.
- Biodiesel has many applications – Not only can biodiesel be used to effectively and efficiently heat your home and to power vehicles, it has also been used in non-engine applications as well, such as paint remover and solvents.
- Biodiesel is already popular in Europe – Biodiesel has become the number one alternative fuel in Germany and is only growing in popularity overseas. In fact, biodiesel has a market share of roughly three percent of the German diesel fuel market. This is in part because of the fact that biodiesel is the cheapest fuel available due in part to environmental European government policies.
- Biodiesel has the highest energy balance of any fuel – Not only is biodiesel one of the more environmentally friendly fuels because of what it’s made of, but also because of the fact that compared to any other fuel, it has the highest energy balance. Around 3.2 units of energy are gained for one unit of fossil energy that’s needed in order to produce biodiesel.
- Big companies are starting to use biodiesel – Last year, United Airlines announced that it was planning to use biofuel as part of its energy supply in an effort to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by at least 60 percent.
Fuel Delivery Company in Northern New Jersey
These are just a few facts about biodiesel that you may not have been aware of. For more information about biodiesel in general, be sure to contact us at our family-owned Woolley Fuel heating fuel delivery company here in Northern New Jersey.